March issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!
Christmas has been and gone and the New Year has arrived. I love the start of a new year – do you?
A full year to play with – I can set new goals, have new dreams and press the re-start button knowing I’ve got 12 months to achieve it all.
So, do you have any goals you want to achieve this year? Or anything you’ve been itching to do that you’re going to make sure you get done? Whatever it is, if it’s related to horses then we can help.
This issue has got all you need to get off to a flying start – expert instruction, advice, inspiration, new gear to splash out on and readers like you to find out about.
And if all that wasn’t enough, we’ve got a set of FREE schooling cards for you too — four winter workouts that get instant results.
Get your copy today and make 2019 your year!
We talk to 2018 Big Brother Star Isabella Farnese about life as a race rider and jockey.
In Your Horse challenges you this month, go fast and furious and give polocrosse a go – there are lessons for all abilities.
In our interview with para-dressage rider and all-round inspiration Sir Lee Pearson we found out about his early riding career (which included a lot of falling off), how having a positive mindset has served him well and why he ended up in Margaret Thatcher’s arms.
And as always, we have a great prizes for you to win.
In Better Riding:
· Eventer Sharon Hunt shows you how to improve accuracy and focus when showjumping
· Equine sports therapist Gillian Higgins has exercises to develop your horse’s back posture
· The indoor competition season is upon us and eventer Barry Meningen has tips for success
· Jesse Campbell, a New Zealand high performance squad rider has a 30-minute workout to tackle focus and rhythm
· Dressage guru Charlie Hutton helps a reader with forwardness
In Horse Care:
· Danger Zone – how dangerous is it to be a vet? We find out
· Prevent your horse from developing impaction colic
· How to feed your old horse to keep him fit and healthy
· Dealing with a fresh and spooky horse this winter
· Vet Richard Bristow has great advice for keeping your horse’s joints strong and supple
· The big test – winter riding coats
· What’s new on the market
· On trend – winter gloves
· Buyers guide to stable toys
· Getting the work/home/horses balance just right – a Macmillan specialist nurse tells us how she manages
· Exploring the best hacks in Britain
· Your horse challenges you to try polocrosse
· Ask the experts – groundwork, conditioning, physiotherapy and rugging
· The great escape – one reader swaps city life for chasing bison
· Lots of prizes up for grabs including a riding outfit from Tredstep, boots, skin care products, a therapy rug and travel bag
· And we take five with 2018 Big Brother contestant Isabella Farnase
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN A riding outfit from Tredstep worth over £1000
WIN A pair of Elico Airedale boots
WIN A Weatherbeeta Therapy-Tec rug
WIN Winter skin protection from Botanica
WIN Travel bags from tidy tack rooms