Horsemanship expert and equestrian psychologist Charlie Unwin are hitting the road again next month for the Equilibrium Products’ ‘Meeting of Minds’ Tour 2021, and Your Horse is its media partner.
This series of live demonstrations will explore the psychology of humans and horses with Jason and Charlie using science, experience and intuition to share the tools and techniques they use within their respective fields.
The innovative demos will see Jason’s horse training principles meet with Charlie’s human performance principles. The goal is to develop an effective and enduring partnership in which we learn how to get the best from ourselves and our horse, in competition or at home.
From revealing why our need for results gets in the way, to teaching you how to manage expectations and judgement, the demonstrations will help you improve your relationship with your horse, get the best out of yourself and build an enduring partnership.
The dates and venues are:
- 25 October – Brooke Farm, Essex
- 26 October – Hadlow College, Kent
- 27 October – Merrist Wood, Guildford
- 28 October – Unicorn Trust, Gloucestershire
- 1 November – Vale View, Leicestershire
- 2 November – Moulton College, Northants
- 3 November – Reaseheath College, Cheshire
The demonstrations will explore the following:
- The Inner Game: how results on the outside depend on consistency on the inside
- Leadership: why some people struggle to have the impact they are capable of
- Process v Outcome: why our need for results gets in the way of the process for getting there
- The importance of ‘Press Pause’: the impact of reflection for both human and horse
- Feedback: how we manage expectation, judgement, success, failure and fear
- The Challenge Response: how to overcome and change our response to fear
Tickets cost £25 per person. To find out more about the tour and to purchase tickets, click here.