The January issue of Your Horse magazine is on sale today.
Here’s what’s inside:
Features you’ll enjoy…
- Paralympian Sophie Wells on beating the doctor’s odds
- Celebrate 2021 with our review of the year
- Social media: the good, the bad, and how it’s affecting our mental health
- Riding on the beach with Cumbrian Heavy Horses
- Hack diary: Athene Turner reveals why she’s been out of the saddle
- Work/Horse Balance: the lady who turns your saddles into handbags
- Take Five with retired farrier and author Mick O’Reardon
In Your Horse’s Training…
- Tom McEwen on why it’s important to treat your horse as an individual
- Fix it: nail the perfect square halt
- Fun pole work to develop his proprioception
- Exercises to get your horse more forward and in front of the leg
- Four ways to achieve more suppleness and focus
In Your Horse’s Care:
- Advice to help your horse winter well
- Vet notes: what is faecal water?
- Helping your horse cope when he loses a companion
- How to make a paste to administer his medicine
- Metabolism: what is it, how it works and how to optimise it for your horse’s health
In Your Horse’s Gear:
- Win a competition outfit from Cavallo worth £1,056!
- Best new products available now
- Big test: Your Horse reviews gilets
- On trend: long riding socks for snug feet
- Buyer’s guide: grooming kits to keep your horse’s coat clean and healthy
In Ask The Experts:
- Riding: a good warm up; keeping his focus; lungeing for work
- Finding the right horse: bonding with a new horse; buying from a dealer; riding a new horse
- Equine dentistry: dental checks; OAP tooth care; not keen on the gag
- Feeding: winter supplements; hoof problems; gut support; feeding a balanced diet
- Advice from Spillers: all your OAP needs for good health
Where to buy it…
- Can’t get to the shops? Click here to buy directly from us. It’s the same price as in store.
- Subscribe and pay £42.99 for 13 issues and receive a FREE pair of stylish riding socks. You’ll never miss an issue and get it delivered straight to your door every four weeks.
- Digital and Print options are available.