December issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!
Even though the wet stuff has been falling from the sky quite a bit this month, we haven’t let it stop us enjoying our horses to the full. We’ve found inspiration from creating all our features this issue, which has seen us reaching for the saddle, even when a warm pair of PJs were calling us.
Take a look – the magazine is packed to the rafters with advice, experts, fun and a general celebration of all things horse.
We talk to author Hannah Russell who has written a number of children’s book about her cute miniature shetland Alf.
In our Your Horse challenge this month, things have got a bit more sedate, but no less of a challenge. Sensitive, talented and forgiving – this describes Iberian horses to a tee and why not book a schoolmaster lesson on one of these beauties, and improve your riding and confidence too.
In our interview with paradressage rider Darren Ashton he talks to us about living with a degenerative disease and how he isn’t letting it hold him back. Inspiring stuff.
In Better Riding:
· Showing star Katie Jerram-Hunnable shows us how to help a tricky horse to focus
· To get your horse confident with jumping, he needs good foundations. Show jumper Jessica Mendoza has advice to put you on the right path.
· Stunt rider Ben Atkinson tackles bargy horses
· Joe Clayton has a 30-minute workout to get your show jumper listening
· Dressage guru Stephen Clarke helps you to nail control and reaction
In Horse Care:
· Behind the scenes at Pool Equine Hospital
· The silent killer – vet advice for preventing atypical myopathy
· Learn all about your horse’s respiratory system
· All change – how to transition your horse smoothly from summer to winter
· How to clip like a pro
· The Your Horse rug guide 2018
· Buyer’s guide to clippers
· Rug fitting
· Getting the work/home/horses balance just right – A TV presenter shows us how
· Your horse challenges you to try a Spanish schoolmaster
· Ask the experts – lungeing, bodywork, grooming and careers
· Learn all about the Grevvy Zebra
· Lots of prizes up for grabs including feed and supplements
· And we take five with EastEnders star Pam St Clements about her love of horses and her rather large earrings
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN Country boots from Dublin Clothing
WIN Tickets to Liverpool Horse Show
WIN Feed and supplements