- Ever been told to “think positive” about your riding?
- Have you got plaiting envy? – learn how to plait like the pros
- From green to keen – boosting your horse’s jumping confidence
June issue of Your Horse on sale now.
Don’t miss it!
Rider confidence is always a popular topic with our readers, most if not all will have experienced riding nerves at some point of their lives, whether on the brink of a competition, or working up the courage to get back on again after a fall. Equestrian mental skills coach Jane Pike says it’s all down to understanding that emotions are something you cultivate rather than something you experience.
It’s also important to consider your horse’s confidence, and how we as riders can gain our horse’s trust. Find out more about both of these topics in this issue.
As usual this issue is jam-packed with everything you and your horse could ask for – expert instruction, must-have advice, inspiration, new gear and readers like you to find out about.
Get your copy today!
· We talk to former Olympic swimmer turned TV presenter Sharron Davies about winning medals, dabbling in eventing, and ranch riding.
· In Your Horse challenges you this month, we take a look at horseball– a fast and furious team sport that encourages balance and quick thinking.
· We interview event rider Jonty Evans, and how he is recovering after a fall last June left him with a serious brain injury.
In Your Horse’s Training:
· Ditch self-doubt and boost your self-esteem with key confidence-building skills.
· Dressage rider Alice Peternellshares two exercises to improve suppleness.
· Retraining ex-racehorses– how to set the right foundations.
· It’s showtime! – discover what the judges are really looking for.
· Former Spanish Riding School master Florian Bacher reveals the secrets to schooling a hot horse.
· Vital steps to teaching an inexperienced horse to jump confidently.
In Horse Care:
· Plaiting masterclass with Katie Jerram-Hunnable
· Practical tips to make yourhorse’s coat gleam this summer.
· Top groom Alan Davies’step-by-step guide to bandaging knees and hocks.
· Keep your horse’s teethin tip-top condition.
· What’s new on the market.
· The big test – which gloves provide the best grip and feel on the reins?
· On trend – riding socks for happy feet.
· Buyers guide to investing in a horsebox.
· First look – is the TheraPlate as good as it sounds?
· Getting the work/home/horses balance right – the deputy headteacher and mum of two who considered becoming a jockey.
· Ask the experts – we get your questions on showjumping, saddle fitting, bonding and end of life answered.
· How to combine riding, horse care, pregnancy and newborn babies.
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN Tickets to Bolesworth.
WIN A bag ofBlue Chip diet balancer.
WIN An Eliza T horse and rider hamper.
WIN A Horslyx bundle.
WIN An Absorbine hoof and leg care bundle.