January issue of Your Horse on sale now.
Don’t miss it!
Is it just us or is everyone talking about Christmas all of a sudden? The mega hot summer now seems an age ago, but still, Christmas is exciting isn’t it.
Time off work for most of us and presents too. What’s not to like? Talking about presents, we’ve got some extra goodies for you with our January issue – think of it as our Christmas gift to you to say thank you for continuing to support Your Horse magazine.
First up is a stunning 2019 wall calendar featuring pictures of some very gorgeous horses.
A useful addition to any room in your home or hang it in your tack room. Time to get yourself organized!
We’ve included key horsey dates for 2019, so get planning now. Plus there are exclusive competitions to enter every single month thanks to Weatherbeeta Group brands.
Then we have a yearly favourite – The Feed Guide 2018, a 32-page supplement packed full of advice to solve any feeding conundrums you may have. We’ve used a bunch of nutritionists to help us put this together so the information is spot on.
Would you believe it – Your Horse magazine is now 35-years-old. Wowser! To celebrate our birthday we’ve dedicated a chunk of the magazine to looking back to how things were in the equine world back in the day, and how they are now.
We talk to EastEnders star Pam St Clements (aka Pat Butcher), even managing to sneak in a question about her big earrings!
In our Your Horse challenge this month, things have hotted up. We ask you to give polo a go. An exciting sport and not as hard to get into as you’d think – there are various centres around the UK to help you get started.
In our interview with event rider Julie Chew (who rode at Burghley in September), we find out how a tumour on her spinal cord and being told she’d never walk or ride again changed her life forever. Inspiring stuff.
And we have a mega competition for you. A bumper Christmas Giveaway, where one person will win everything on our 8-page gear special. It’s worth a whopping £1,991.99p
In Better Riding:
· Stunt rider and all-round action man Ben Atkinson on how solve your horse’s traffic phobia
· World-class dressage judge Stephen Clarke helps you develop your horse’s paces
· We take a look at what happens when horses are broken in late
· Event rider Franky Reid-Warrilow on how to train for sweeping lines and various distances on the XC course
· How to get the best out of your ex-racehorse with showing star Katie Jerram-Hunnable
In Horse Care:
· 20 winter-beating hacks – make winter a little easier this year
· Turnout SOS – how to change your muddy monster to show ring ready in double quick time
· Learn all about your horse’s nervous system
· Vet Alistair Love helps you care for your horse’s skin this winter
· Keeping nasty winter hoof conditions at bay
· Bumper Christmas gift guide/giveaway
· First look – posture shirt
· What’s new on the market
· Spread the festive cheer with a charity Christmas card
· Getting the work/home/horses balance just right – a firefighter shows us how
· Your horse challenges you to try polo
· Ask the experts – behaviour, dentistry, going bitless and vaccines
· Learn all about the Marwari horse
· Lots of prizes up for grabs including leather bags, clippers and feed
· And we take five with EastEnders star Pam St Clements about her love of horses and her rather big earrings
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN – Christmas worth £1,991.99!
WIN Leather bags and accessories worth £500
WIN A hi-vis jacket, perfect for the darker months
WIN A set of clippers, feed and clothing