- Techniques to make your confidence soar
- Everything you need to know about winter feeding
- Simple steps to suppleness
- Plus the great Christmas gift givaway!
January issue of Your Horse on sale now.
Don’t miss it!
The clocks have changed, the weather’s wet and cold – it’s official, winter has arrived. It’s not all doom and gloom though, we have plenty of riding advice in this issue to keep you inspired over the colder months. There’s also a 40 page guide on feeding your horse over winter, so you can keep your equine friend in tip top condition, happy and healthy. The festive season is also on the horizon, so we’ve pulled together a Christmas gift guide so you’ll have no problem coming up with gift ideas for your horsey buddies (and fill up your own list for Santa). One lucky reader will also win the lot!
In Your Horse’s Training
· Master leg-yield and improve all aspects of your horse’s performance.
· The fun camp for riders who lack confidence.
· Develop your horse’s medium trot and canter in 30 minutes.
· Insider tips to help you gain higher test scores at novice level dressage.
· Expert help for a talented but stressy horse cross-country.
In Horse Care:
· Kissing spines – symptoms, diagnosis and treatment explored.
· Your winter joint management plan sorted.
· How your horse’s whiskers help him make sense of his surroundings.
· Is it time to stop giving crib-biting and weaving a bad press?
· What’s new on the market.
· The big Christmas gift guide – we’ve got Christmas all wrapped up.
· Charity Christmas cards.
· Best horsey books to snuggle up with this season.
· Quirky Christmas gifts – what to get that horsey person who has everything.
· We interview International para showjumper Laura Goodall about her battle with multiple sclerosis.
· In Your Horse challenges you this month, we list the benefits of getting out on the gallops.
· Miss World runner-up Stephanie Hill talks science, singing and her passion for horses.
· Getting the work/home/horses balance right – how a full time care assistant copes with juggling horses and her career.
· Ask the experts – we get your questions on equine behaviour, transport, winter worming and buying your first horse answered.
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN A VIP treat to the Liverpool International Horse Show.
WIN A Botanica winter care pack.
WIN High-fibre Horsehage
WIN An Absorbine grooming bundle.
WIN A set of Ellco ceramic tendon boots.
WIN The entire contents of our Christmas gift guide – worth over £2,000.