- Winter rug guide
- How rewilding your horse can build the perfect bond
- Handy care tips for the colder months
- Regain your jumping mojo
December issue of Your Horse on sale now.
Don’t miss it!
Winer is creeping upon us, the horse’s coats are getting woolier, the nights are getting darker and the rugs are coming out of storage. We cover both clipping and rugging, with expert advice on how to overcome common clipping problems, and a whopping 19 pages dedicated to the best rugs on the market.
If you’re thinking about updating your horse’s rug wardrobe, this is the issue for you – we showcase the latest designs, colours and patterns in lightweight and mediumweight turnout rugs and stable rugs, while there’s also a selection of therapy rugs that will help to keep your horse looking and feeling great.
Sir Mark Todd talks to Your Horse about his incredible career, Charisma, his horse of a lifetime, and his exciting plans for life after eventing.
In Your Horse challenges you we get our dancing shoes on for dressage to music, and find out the benefits of listening to music while you ride.
England and Chelsea footballer Millie Bright reveals her horsey roots, and how she had to choose between horses and the game.
In Your Horse’s Training
· Dressage ringcraft – expert advice from a top trainer and top judge to boost your prelim level test score.
· How to ride the five stages of clearing a fence.
· Ride your best tests this indoor season with our tailor-made warm-up routine.
· Regain your jumping mojo with advice from Mia Palles-Clark.
In Horse Care:
· Winter care tips from horse owners.
· Learn all about atypical myopathy and how to keep your horse safe.
· First time clip? Sensitive skin? Tricky areas? We’ve got it all covered in our clipping clinic.
In Gear – 2019 Winter rug guide
· Which cooler rugs will dry your horse the quickest?
· New therapy rugs designed to improve performance and wellbeing.
· Ideal outdoor cover ups for spring and autumn.
· Extra warmth for a horse who’s clipped.
· Cosy rugs to keep your horse toasty.
· Getting the work/home/horses balance right – an English teacher and author of children’s equestrian fiction with three horses of her own.
· Ask the experts – we get your questions on hot horses, box rest, winter nutrition, lungeing and long-reining answered.
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN A trio of rugs, a set of travel boots and a saddle pad from Bucas.
WIN 2 bales of Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free.
WIN A Mark Todd 3/4 quilted jacket and knitted scarf set.
WIN A Harry Hall One Club bronze membership.
WIN A Back on Track bundle.