The ultimate guide to paces
Get to grips with skinnies with Zara Tindall
Advice on coping with hard ground
Three exercises to spice up your schooling
September issue of Your Horse on sale now.
Don’t miss it!
In this issue we have two of the very best from the world of eventing – Zara Tindall shares with us how she teaches her horses to jump skinny fences with ease; while Ros Canter pushes you out of your comfort zone at home with seemingly straightforward exercises that will really challenge both you and your horse.
Hard ground can be a big issue at this time of year, with the summer heat baking the ground. Our veterinary advice will help you cope and keep your horse sound. Flies can also be a big problem, annoying your horse and generally being a nuisance. Our review of a selection of fly rugs will help you make the right choice for you and your horse.
Get your copy today!
· We talk to actress and TV presenter Eva LaRue about Animal Tales, riding memories and how she spends her days off.
· In Your Horse challenges you this month, we check out endurance riding, and find out how it’s a sport for all.
· We interview world silver medallist Padraig McCarthy about academics, family life and his whirlwind rise to the very top level of eventing.
In Your Horse’s Training
· Zara Tindall and Mark Phillips explain how to teach your horse to jump skinnies with confidence.
· Ros Canter sets you and your horse a schooling challenge.
· An introduction to riding side-saddle.
· Ultimate guide to paces; from collected to extended, unveil your horse’s best dressage paces.
In Horse Care:
· What’s the difference between conformation and posture? And how do they affect performance?
· Concussive forces caused by hard ground and how to prevent joint injuries.
· Top groom Alan Davies helps you pinpoint the signs of lameness.
· How your horse’s skin works and common ailments to watch out for.
· What’s new on the market.
· The big test – fly rugs.
· On trend – technical tops for riders.
· Buyers guide to breastplates.
· The truth about what’s inside the supplement tub.
· Getting the work/home/horses balance right – the consultant psychiatrist with a green horse who loves to jump.
· Ask the experts – we get your questions on hot weather, TREC, road riding and confidence answered.
· Meet the iconic working horses on the Isle of Man seafront.
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN A dressage lesson with Hayley Watson-Greaves.
WIN A saddle from the Ideal Saddle Company.
WIN A pair of Comfort Roller spurs from Sprenger.
WIN A Mark Todd Inga ladies jacket.
WIN A Mountain Horse outfit.
WIN Two bales of Healthy Hooves Molasses Free from Dengie.