November issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!
As we look out of the window of Your Horse Towers, we can’t deny it, there’s a miserable day staring right back at us. It’s autumn – there we said it. But no need to feel glum. We’ve had a glorious summer with our horses, and even though winter can be a pain, there’s lots you can do to make it a more pleasurable few months. And that includes reading Your Horse magazine of course. We make it our mission to bring you fun, advice, inspiration and the best horsey gear every month, and the November issue is no different. Here’s what you can look forward to this month. Grab that cup of tea and dive in.
Your Horse Live 2018 is now just around the corner (well that’s how it feels!) Find out what’s in store for visitors with our YHL preview – lots to tempt you here.
Our Hack 1000 miles campaign is constantly growing in numbers and many of our challengers are nearing the 1000-mile mark as we head towards the end of 2018. This month, the Your Horse team headed off to the Burghley Sponsored Ride on the Sunday of Burghley Horse Trials. We chatted to many of the lovely folk signed up to our challenge who were taking part.
We talk to Dragon’s Den Deborah Meaden about all things horses.
In our Your Horse Challenges this month, we delve into the world of team chasing. It gives you the ultimate adrenalin rush and even if you decide not to give it a go, it’s a fantastic sport to be a spectator at. Choose your team and roar them on.
In our interview with stunt rider Ben Atkinson, we find out how horses are in his blood, the one thing that makes him nervous, and why he was always falling off as a youngster.
In Better Riding:
· How to help your cob become light and supple with showing star Katie Jerram
· Riding serpentines for co-ordination and suppleness with BD judge Alex Gingell
· Showjumping coach Mia Palles-Clark has three exercises to encourage forwardness
· Eventing legend Lucinda Green tell us how to end the eventing season positively
In Horse Care:
· We explore the concept of cafeteria feeding
· Autumn brings with it a number of dangers for our horses. Find out what they are and how to avoid them.
· All about the digestive system, including how to prevent problems arising
· Colour coded – why is your horse the colour he is?
· Brushing boots on test – who were the winners?
· On trend – bridles
· Exclusive – a new gadget that gives you feedback about your contact
· All action stunt rider Ben Atkinson gives us an insight into his interesting life, including working on Poldark – lucky man
· Getting the work/home/horses balance just right – one reader tells us how she does it
· Your horse challenges you to try team chasing
· Ask the experts – buying horses, foot care, dressage and bedding
· Learn all about the logger horse
· Lots of prizes up for grabs including tickets to Your Horse Live
· And we take five with dragon Deborah Meaden about her 14 horses, which celebrity horse she’d like to own and whether she prefers heels or flats
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN Tickets to Your Horse Live
WIN A riding outfit from Noble Outfitters,
WIN Mobility sets from Horslyx
WIN A bundle of leather bags and
WIN Botanica winter skin care packs