The July issue of Your Horse magazine is on sale now.
FREE GUIDE! With this issue, you also get a free bonus - our Perfect Partners guide, which has all the help and advice you need to buy a horse. Find out if you should buy a mare or gelding, how to read the adverts and decipher what the seller is and isn’t saying, where to buy, count the true cost, look at livery choice, explore what breed might suit you best and find out how other readers fared in their quest to find their dream horse.
As always, this issue is packed full of advice, inspiration, reader stories, vet care and loads more. We’ve rounded up some fantastic experts, riders and trainers to bring you top class advice and the latest thinking and developments in the equine world. Whatever you do with your horse, or even if you don’t even have a horse (yet) we can guarantee you’ll find something interesting and useful amongst this little lot.
In Better Riding:
· Lunge lesson – improve your position with help from Russell Guire
· Want to know how to ride a pirouette? Learn how with Elizabeth Allen
· Find the right lines with Willa Newton’s easy jumping exercises
· Sophie Wells shows us how to develop better rhythm
· Learn how to ride a jump off – fast!
· Tackle ditches with confidence
In Horse Care:
· Take a look at how horses communicate
· Is garlic an equine superfood?
· Vet care – how to treat heat stress
· Is your bridle causing damage?
· Know what makes your horse’s heart tick
In The Gear Guide:
· Competition shirts on test
· On trend – leather riding boots
· Buyer’s guide to saddlecloths
· Be a safe horsebox driver
· A fascinating interview with jockey Guy Disney
· Why now is the time to join a riding club
· Ask the experts – massage, grooming, hoof problems and feeding advice
· We’ve even got ITV’s news reader Alistair Campbell spilling the beans on why horses are so important to him
And don't forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN a trip to the Horse of The Year Show
WIN a year's membership to your horsemanship.com
WIN a British Dressage class ticket
WIN a pair of boots, fly rug, feed and more
Don’t miss the latest issue of Your Horse Magazine, jam-packed with training and veterinary advice, horse-care tips and the latest equestrian products available on shop shelves, on sale now.