The Spring issue of Your Horse marks the relaunch of #Hack1000Miles. It’s a 3-in-1 special with the official 2021 tracker card and a 32-page Spring Product Guide inside.
Where to buy it…
- Can’t get to the shops? Click here to buy directly from us. It’s the same price as in shops.
- Subscribe and save money, never miss an issue plus receive a FREE Lincoln horse set worth £30.80!
- Digital and Print options are available.
- The Your Horse interview: Sister Mary Joy Langdon on her extraordinary life as a nun, running Wormwood Scrubs Pony Centre in London and and being the UK’s first female firefighter
- Work-horse balance: the boat crew worker juggling long shifts, a family and horses
- Five minutes with classical singer and Hickstead director Daisy Honeybunn
In the Spring Product Guide:
- The Hunger Games: is your horse The Fat One, The Working Foody, The Hot Head or someone else?
- How obesity affects a horse’s digestive system, and steps you can take to help your horse now
- How to ensure a laminitis-prone horse or pony receives a balanced diet when high sugar levels in grass means you’re having to limit his time at grass
- Recent research findings into how effective a garlic balancer is at minimising nuisance flies
- Key ingredients needed in the diet to help your veteran live for many more happy years
In the #Hack1000Miles relaunch:
- All about the new prizes and milestone rewards up for grabs this year — plus the announcement of our brand new digital leaderboard
- Challengers’ wall of fame: did your picture get in?
- We do it for… Why riders take on this fun, free challenge and you should too
- Roll of honour: celebrating some of the brilliant riders who made it to the 1,000-mile finish line
In Your Horse’s Training:
- The benefits of flatwork: positive effects this fundamental training has for every horse
- John Thelwall’s jumping position workshop: common errors he sees in the ring fixed
- Ask a dressage judge: two List One judges explain where a lot of mistakes are made and how to avoid them
- Better bascule in 30 minutes: Will Fletcher, son of showjumping greats Graham and Tina, explains how
- Jumping at speed: after a long winter and lockdown with no competing, you might be rusty when it comes to judging how fast you’re going. Five-star eventer Simon Grieve shares his tips
In Your Horse’s Care:
- Spring fever: why some horses’ behaviour and temperament changes at this time of year and what you can do about it
- Spring clean: essential jobs for a tidy up now that the weather is improving
- Feeding medicine: a vet’s tips for getting even the fussiest of horses to eat all his feed when you’ve mixed in his meds
- Make a grey coat gleam: step-by-step guide to removing stable and grass stains, as well as transforming dirty fetlocks and yellow-tinged tails
- Watch his waistline: vet and BEVA president Lucy Grieve’s advice on the dangers of spring weight gain for every horse and pony
In Your Horse’s Gear:
- We showcase great new products available to buy now
- Tried & tested: brushing boots
- Spring clothing: the latest fashion for in the saddle and on the yard this spring
In Ask The Experts:
- Saddle fit, including checks you can do at home
- Facial expressions: what they tell you about your horse’s mood and understanding changes in behaviour
- Sheath cleaning: why it’s necessary and how often it needs to be done. Plus, why this applies to mares too!
- Flatwork fixes: how to perfect a square halt, improve the free walk and achieve a better canter strike off
- Win horsey kit from Equipe worth over £1,000*
- Plus feed, supplements, riding kit and more*