Tweaking your feeding regime to let your horse choose where and how he eats his fibre could pay dividends — especially if you have a fussy eater or struggle to maintain conditionRead More
When does a horse need to wear a rug? Probably not as often as you think, as this handy video about rugging up your horse or pony explainsRead More
Feel more confident about jumping by training your eye to see a stride, find out whether garlic really is an equine superfood and a Q&A with ITV news reader Alastair Stewart, who loves horses. There’s plenty packed into the latest issue of Your Horse magazine…Read More
Riding at Badminton doesn’t have to be a pipe dream, as some of our #hack1000miles challengers discovered — they even got to canter through the famous Lake!Read More
Helen Rennie from Rezone Coaching talks through the confidence strategies that she uses with horse riders to help them get the most out of their time in the saddle.Read More
Dressage rider Charlotte Dujardin shares a few quick tips for riding a lazy horse.Read More
Mark Smith explains the importance of choosing the right bitless bridle for your horse.Read More
Horse behaviour expert Richard Maxwell helps a horse overcome her aversion to standing at the mounting block.Read More
Rhi Lee-Jones chats to dressage superstar Charlotte Dujardin at Your Horse Live about conquering nerves and riding Valegro.Read More
Dressage rider Bobby Hayler shows you an exercise designed to make your horse move with more engagement.Read More
Add a bit of variety to your horses day with these eight simple ideas.Read More
Love hacking with your horse? Watch our video for top tips on staying safe while out and about with your horse.Read More
Top event rider Alex Bragg explains gymnastic jumping exercises that you can do with your horse.
SET IT UP: In the middle of your school, set up three fences, with 3m in between. The first and last fences are upright, while the middle fence is a cross-pole.
- Ride a bouncy canter in an even rhythm around your school. This canter should feel like it has lots of energy without being rushed.
- Look ahead towards your jump and turn towards it, making sure you’re as straight as possible.
- Keep your body upright and your hands soft, while looking ahead.
- Jump the fences, maintaining an upright position with your body and letting your horse come up to you, so that you’re ready for each part of the bounce.
- Once complete, canter back to the track and repeat on the other rein.
- On the left rein, establish your bouncy canter and look ahead for the jumps.
- Look down the jumps at a line that will take you over all three (Alex says use the wing of your last fence to act as a wing for your middle jump).
- Canter straight towards the first fence and jump this – you’ll be slightly off centre to line you up for the second.
- Jump the second and third fences with one stride of canter between each.
- Ride straight back towards the track.
- Canter around the outside of your school on the left rein in an even rhythm.
- Look ahead for your first jump and turn down the diagonal towards it.
- Jump the first and second jump of the exercise on the diagonal.
- Canter straight towards the track and change to the right rein.
- Repeat on the opposite rein (your third fence will become the first).
- Pick up canter on the right rein.
- Look ahead for the jumps and ride straight towards the centre of the first jump.
- Jump the first and canter three strides towards the third jump.
- Once over the third fence, canter straight back towards the track, changing to the left rein.
Your Horse head to the Land Rover Burghley cross-country 2017. Here are a few highlights.Read More
Here, we catch up with Piggy French who was making the final preparations with her horse Vanir Kamira ahead of this years event.Read More
Body condition scoring your horse is a simple way to assess how much fat your horse has. Here's a video for tips on how to get it right.Read More
The checks you can do at home to assess the fit of your saddle, with advice from SMS qualified saddle fitter, Diana Fisher.Read More
Does your horse's bridle fit correctly? Here with advice on how to check the fit of your bridle is SMS Qualified Saddle Fitter Diana Fisher.Read More
Get top tips and advice on how to find the right bit from the team at Sprenger as they work with Laura Tomlinson and her famous horse Alf!
In honour of social media's #throwbackthursday we thought we'd treat you to this video of Valegro as a five-year-old at Your Horse Live. You're welcome!
Tickets for Your Horse Live go on sale Friday 5 May 2017.