Add a bit of variety to your horses day with these eight simple ideas.Read More
Love hacking with your horse? Watch our video for top tips on staying safe while out and about with your horse.Read More
Top event rider Alex Bragg explains gymnastic jumping exercises that you can do with your horse.
SET IT UP: In the middle of your school, set up three fences, with 3m in between. The first and last fences are upright, while the middle fence is a cross-pole.
- Ride a bouncy canter in an even rhythm around your school. This canter should feel like it has lots of energy without being rushed.
- Look ahead towards your jump and turn towards it, making sure you’re as straight as possible.
- Keep your body upright and your hands soft, while looking ahead.
- Jump the fences, maintaining an upright position with your body and letting your horse come up to you, so that you’re ready for each part of the bounce.
- Once complete, canter back to the track and repeat on the other rein.
- On the left rein, establish your bouncy canter and look ahead for the jumps.
- Look down the jumps at a line that will take you over all three (Alex says use the wing of your last fence to act as a wing for your middle jump).
- Canter straight towards the first fence and jump this – you’ll be slightly off centre to line you up for the second.
- Jump the second and third fences with one stride of canter between each.
- Ride straight back towards the track.
- Canter around the outside of your school on the left rein in an even rhythm.
- Look ahead for your first jump and turn down the diagonal towards it.
- Jump the first and second jump of the exercise on the diagonal.
- Canter straight towards the track and change to the right rein.
- Repeat on the opposite rein (your third fence will become the first).
- Pick up canter on the right rein.
- Look ahead for the jumps and ride straight towards the centre of the first jump.
- Jump the first and canter three strides towards the third jump.
- Once over the third fence, canter straight back towards the track, changing to the left rein.
Your Horse head to the Land Rover Burghley cross-country 2017. Here are a few highlights.Read More
Here, we catch up with Piggy French who was making the final preparations with her horse Vanir Kamira ahead of this years event.Read More
Body condition scoring your horse is a simple way to assess how much fat your horse has. Here's a video for tips on how to get it right.Read More
The checks you can do at home to assess the fit of your saddle, with advice from SMS qualified saddle fitter, Diana Fisher.Read More
Does your horse's bridle fit correctly? Here with advice on how to check the fit of your bridle is SMS Qualified Saddle Fitter Diana Fisher.Read More
Get top tips and advice on how to find the right bit from the team at Sprenger as they work with Laura Tomlinson and her famous horse Alf!
In honour of social media's #throwbackthursday we thought we'd treat you to this video of Valegro as a five-year-old at Your Horse Live. You're welcome!
Tickets for Your Horse Live go on sale Friday 5 May 2017.
Safety is a must when it comes to travelling your horse. Here, Head Girl Jess Errington shares her top tips on how to travel your horse.Read More
Professional groom Jenny Ellis gives her six-step guide to caring for your leather saddles, bridles, head collars and more.Read More
Winter riding can equal a sweaty horse, so follow expert groom Jenny Ellis' step-by-step advice for getting him dry and comfortable after each workout.Read More
In the winter, it can be a challenge to keep your horse's coat looking at his best. Wake up his winter skin and get rid of grease with a thorough winter grooming session.Read More
Behind the scenes at Your Horse Live we caught up with dressage star Charlotte Dujardin who shared some of her top tips.
Olympic eventer and trainer Karen Dixon shares her top tips for training your ex-racers.
Love hacking with your horse? Watch our video for top tips on staying safe while out and about with your horse.
In an interview at Your Horse Live Charlotte Dujardin revealed what Valegro is hoping to get for Christmas, how he feels about his retirement and how she sums up their special partnership.
More on Charlotte and Valegro...
Join the Your Horse Live team for a whistle-stop tour of the show as they prepared to open the doors to the public last month.
For more Your Horse Live updates visit www.yourhorselive.co.uk
News from Your Horse Live
Olympic medallist Sharon Hunt will be joining Heiniger Equine Clippers at Your Horse Live (Stand No 74) on Saturday 11th November 2017.
Tickets are now on sale for the UK’s biggest and best equestrian shopping show and this year there are NEW ticket options, all NEW arena line-ups, star performances, a special evening gala with Carl Hester and much much more!
For a third year the British Equestrian Trade Association sponsored the main arena at Your Horse Live - here we reveal who they selected to walk away with the BETA Best Stand award
Horse owners and riders flocked from far and wide to attend an action-packed weekend at Your Horse Live where money was raised, money was spent, happy tears were shed, riders wowed and applause simply rattled the roof. Here we share some highlights.
Discover some easy ways to protect your horse from recurrent airway obstruction (RAO) as we explain vet Gil Riley's top advice on how to protect your horse against the condition.