Sponsoring a Redwings rescued horse or donkey not only makes a special and unique Christmas present, but now comes with extra fun features to help your loved one get closer to their four-legged friend.
The 100% publicly funded horse rescue charity has relaunched its new look Adoption Scheme, which supports hundreds of horses and donkeys in need every year.
The scheme, which has been running for over 30 years, allows supporters to sponsor one or more of Redwings’ “Adoption Star” horses, ponies, donkeys and mules with all the money going towards the care of their rescued friend and other residents across the Sanctuary – of which there are over 1,500!
While previously sponsors have chosen between receiving letters from their Adoption Star in the post or accessing updates from their friend through an online blog, these options have now been combined into one new package for a cost of just £15 per year.
Those looking to sponsor a Redwings Adoption Star for Christmas will receive:
- An adoption pack including a certificate, beautiful photograph and the Adoption Star’s story
- Postal updates on their adventures and antics
- An invitation to the Adoption Star’s birthday party
- An online diary featuring photo galleries, videos and blogs about their life at Redwings
- The chance to visit the Adoption Star for free at their home
- A Friendship Card to treasure as a reminder of their adoption.
Lynn Cutress, Redwings’ Chief Executive, said: “Adopting a Redwings horse or donkey makes a beautiful gift for yourself or a loved one. It’s the next best thing to owning your own, and you can enjoy all the fun of getting to know your new four-legged friend without the hard work and expense of looking after them every day.
“Christmas is a time of happiness and love, but sadly many of our Adoption Stars were deprived of these simple things in their early lives. Giving just £15 per year in sponsorship will ensure your friend and all our rescued residents continue to enjoy a safe and happy home at Redwings.”