The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) has today confirmed the eventing squad, selected by the British Eventing senior selectors, for this year’s World Equestrian Games in Tryon, North Carolina (USA), 11-23 September 2018.
The selected athletes are:
- Ros Canter from Lincolnshire, with Caroline Moore and her own Allstar B
- Tina Cook from West Sussex, with Elisabeth Murdoch and Keith Tyson’s Billy The Red
- Piggy French from Northampton, with Jayne McGivern’s Quarrycrest Echo
- Tom McEwen from Gloucestershire, with Jane Inns, Ali McEwen and his own Toledo de Kerser
- Gemma Tattersall from West Sussex, with The Soul Syndicate and her own Arctic Soul
Eventing Performance Manager, Richard Waygood MBE comments: “This year’s team selection was extremely close, with great strength and depth coming through the nominated list. We head to WEG with a strong squad and I look forward to continuing to work with the selected athletes in the build-up, to ensure we are best prepared for Tryon.”
The FEI World Equestrian Games, held every four years in the middle of the Olympic cycle, is one of the biggest events on the global sporting calendar, combining eight equestrian World Championship caliber events in a pre-determined location. The FEI disciplines – Jumping, Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage, Eventing, Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining – are all included on the competition schedule, while equestrian-focused demonstrations and exhibitions will also be hosted throughout the duration of the event.
Don’t miss the latest issue of Your Horse Magazine, jam-packed with training and veterinary advice, horse-care tips and the latest equestrian products available on shop shelves, on sale now. Find out what’s in the latest issue here