· Your horse is sound, but are you?
· Veterans — are we missing out by retiring them too soon?
· Looking for ways to transform your horse’s way of going — without even getting on?
Spring issue of Your Horse on sale now.
Don’t miss it!
Winter hit the UK hard with snow, ice and freezing temperatures, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel – Spring is on its way!
Soon we’ll be able to wave bye bye to cracking the ice on water buckets, to wearing three pairs of socks, to getting through twice the amount of bedding — and don’t even mention the state the rugs are in.
A new season may bring new challenges, but also plenty of opportunity. We’re raring to go here at Your Horse magazine.
This issue has got all you need to get a spring in your step – expert instruction, must-have advice, inspiration, new gear and readers like you to find out about.
Get your copy today!
· We talk to sports broadcaster Aly Vance about preparing to be a jockey.
· In Your Horse challenges you this month, we find out about riding side-saddle and why it’s so much more than a traditional technique.
· We interview showing producer, competitor and judge Katie Jerram-Hunnable, where she talks openly about recovering from a broken neck (for the second time) and finding the confidence to get back in the saddle.
In Better Riding:
· Physiotherapist Nikki Robinson talks through key exercises to ease away your aches and pains
· Mary and Emily King help you tackle skinnies and ditches with confidence
· Stop your young horse rushing in the dressage arena with advice from Charlie Hutton
· Develop power and balance in 30 minutes with dressage rider Stef Eardley
· Keep your horse focused when jumping – Sharon Hunt explains how
· Genius groundwork – in-hand polework to build your horse’s core (it’s also great for your own!)
In Horse Care:
· Fitness advice for every horse from former four-star eventer Marie Ryan
· Allergic reactions – what they are and how to deal with them
· Thermal imaging, the non-invasive scan that can detect injury before you can
· Learn all about what goes on inside your horse’s hooves
· How regular physiotherapy can lead to a happier, healthier horse
· The big test – stain removers, which ones really work? We find out
· What’s new on the market
· On trend – get stylish with bling browbands
· Buyers guide to saddles
· Getting the work/home/horses balance just right – an RSPCA animal collection officer tells us how she manages
· Hack for happiness – why hacking is so good for your mental health, plus what our #hack1000miles challengers have been up to
· Ask the experts – we take your questions on selling horses, headshaking, farriery and breeding to those who know best
· Golden oldies – celebrating veteran horses
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN A VIP day out at Chatsworth Horse Trials
WIN A healthy joint kit from Animallife
WIN A Bizzy Ball bundle
WIN A set of Hy gear for you and your horse
WIN A Baileys horse feed package