October issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!
As we write this, Burghley Horse Trials is just around the corner and as the Your Horse office is only a few miles from there, we’re pretty excited. On the flip side, it always feels to us like Burghley signals the start of autumn, and this year is no different, especially as the hot weather we enjoyed (endured?) during the summer has finally faded away.
Our October issue has had a makeover and we’re loving the new look. Don’t worry, it’s still packed full of horsey usefulness and inspiration. So, grab a hot chocolate and immerse yourself in your favourite subject.
Whips have been one of the hottest topics in the horse industry this year and we asked for your thoughts on carrying one. We share your views.
Our Hack 1000 miles campaign is gathering pace and this month we meet three readers who have been tackling the South Downs Way.
In our Your Horse challenge this month, we urge you to give horseboarding a go – it’s exhilarating fun.
Eventer Jonelle Price gives us an interesting insight into her life away from the limelight
In Better Riding:
· How to ride seamless serpentines with BD judge and trainer Alex Gingell
· Eventer Willa Newton shows you how to put some zest into your horse’s work
· Gridwork for suppleness with advice from show jumper Jessica Mendoza
· Make your horse light on his feet with bounce exercises from eventer Simon Grieve
· How to build balance with two easy exercises from dressage star Bobby Hayler
· Learn all about the correct jumping position with Yazmin Pinchen’s jumping academy
In Horse Care:
· Great advice for helping your horse with the stress of moving home
· We investigate why your horse coughs after exercise
· All about the ears, including why they add to spookiness
· Feeding the essentials – micronutrients and calories
· How the hot summer has affected the equine world
· First look at a new joint supplement, backed by science
· Detanglers on test
· On trend – half pads
· Buyer’s guide to autumn clothing
· Eventer Jonelle Price tells us about her surprise pregnancy, losing her focus and how she bounced back to win two four-star events
· Getting the work/home/horses balance just right
· Your horse challenges you to try horseboarding
· Ask the experts – bedding, riding wear safety, feeding and riding holidays
· Why rehoming might be the perfect option for you
· Learn all about the Kiso horse
· Lots of prizes up for grabs including a lesson with eventer Nicola Wilson
· And we take five with presenter Anthea Turner as she talks about how she started riding, who she’d want playing her in a film and how a gun horse got the better of her
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN A lesson with eventer Nicola Wilson, 8 bags of Suregrow Fertiliser and a Suregrow branded jacket and saddlecloth
WIN 25 bags of Suregrow fertiliser