The May issue of Your Horse is here. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that the snow is well and truly behind us as this issue we relaunch our fantastic #Hack1000miles campaign.
We explain how you and your horse can get involved this year and also take a look back at the miles Your Horse riders clocked up in 2017.
If you want to hack out, but you’re worried about riding on the road, don’t miss our riding in the city feature.
We spent a day with London City’s Mounted Police Unit who shared their tips for staying safe on the roads.
We also reveal the 12 finalists for our Goal Getter competition.
This lucky lot are in the running for our exciting competition, which includes training from top riders to help achieve their riding dreams.
If you haven’t made the shortlist, but you’re keen to become progress your riding, don’t miss our feature on how to become a sponsored rider.
We chat to the brands that are looking for grassroots riders. Here they explain what they look for in their brand ambassadors and how you could be the person they’re looking for.
In Better Riding
- Our 30-minute workout will give your horse abs of steel! We show you how to engage his core using poles
- Improve your horse’s balance and suppleness with Olympic event rider Sam Griffiths
- Struggling with your square halt? Don’t miss our tips that will help you achieve it every time
- Ibby Macpherson explains how you can prepare for the cross-country, without leaving your arena
- Summer is here – make sure you’re ready to compete outside with our confidence-boosting tips
In Horse Care
- When was the last time you actually read your horse’s feedbag? We take the mystery out of all the ingredients with our comprehensive guide to what’s what
- Understand your horse’s vital signs with our step-by-step guide
- ‘Tis the season for sweet itch – we explain how to manage the condition to keep your horse comfortable
- Had time off? We reveal how to make your return to the saddle as care-free as possible
In the Gear Guide
- We’ve got the first look of a brand-new fly rug
- Summer might be on its way, but you won’t be without them this year – we reveal our essential guide to finding the perfect wellington boot
- Riding gloves get put through their paces in our big test
- Taking you through from winter to spring, gilets are on trend. We’ve picked our favourites
- Dressage training and TopSpec Feed
- Clothing, feed, supplements and more
- The chance to be Just Togs next brand ambassador
Our campaign relaunches this month, so don't delay - sign up today!
There's loads of ways for you to get involved, including joining our exclusive Facebook group.
Find out more at www.hack1000miles.co.uk
Don’t miss the latest issue of Your Horse Magazine, jam-packed with training and veterinary advice, horse-care tips and the latest equestrian products available on shop shelves, on sale now. Find out what’s in the latest issue here.