Carl Hester shares his dressage toolbox
How to overcome anxiety in the saddle
Learn how to see a stride with 4 poles and 3 exercises in 30 minutes
Hack 1000 Miles tracker
July issue of Your Horse on sale now.
Don’t miss it!
Back by popular demand, this issue includes the Hack 1000 Miles tracker as the back page – ready for you to cut out and track your hacks. Don’t forget to also sign up online at hack1000miles.co.uk, and join our Facebook group to share how you’re getting on with your mileage with our lovely, friendly and supportive challengers. Thanks to our sponsor NAF, you can also claim milestone rewards (see the official Hack website to find out how).
Get your copy today!
· We talk to ITV racing presenter Oli Bell about his favourite horses, funniest moment of his career and how he spends his free time.
· In Your Horse challenges you this month, we check out riding western style, and find out how it can improve your seat and lighten up your contact.
· We interview equestrian vlogger Olivia Towers, and find out more about her battle with confidence, and how positive thinking has helped her.
In Your Horse’s Training
· How your fitness and position in the saddle could be hindering, not helping, your horse.
· Carl Hester shares the five wayshe gets guaranteed dressage results.
· Learn to recognise and manage your anxiety to reveal a more confident you.
· Gymnastic exercises to help you judge distances between fences.
In Horse Care:
· Expert advice on how to settle your horse into a new yard.
· Step-by-step guide to show-stopping quarter marks with Katie Jerram-Hunnable.
· Top groom Alan Davies explains how to apply a poultice that actually stays in place.
· The facts about vettings – what’s involved and why a pre-purchase examination is so important.
· What’s new on the market.
· The big test – bridles designed with your horse’s comfort in mind.
· On trend – ventilated riding hats
· Buyers guide to buying the best long riding boots.
· Lungeing – learn how the EquiAmi lungeing aid could help your horse’s performance.
· Getting the work/home/horses balance right – the trauma doctor grading to compete in para dressage.
· Ask the experts – we get your questions on showing, clicker training, head issues and breaking in answered.
· What you need to know about loaning– the benefits of ownership without the cost of buying.
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN Tickets to the Festival of British Eventing.
WIN Bombers bits and fitting advice.
WIN 4 bags of MolliChaff ShowShine.
WIN A bag of Dodson & Horrell Balancer.
WIN A pair of Skyline boots from Grub’s.