August issue of Your Horse is on sale now. Don’t miss it!
We're celebrating the arrival of summer here at Your Horse HQ and our August issue is packed full of inspiration for enjoying the warmer days, plus expert advice for competition success.
Of course, summer means more getting out and about and if your horse can be a little bit sticky about putting his hooves in the lorry or trailer, The Horse Shrink Patrick Gracey has top tips that will help you get him loading like a dream.
Eventer William Fox-Pit talks to editor Aimi Clark on life following his head injury. A must read interview.
Find out how shooting arrows Lara Croft style can improve your confidence in the saddle - and we challenge you to give it a go with our new series 'Your Horse challenges you to.....'. We'd love to know how you get on.
In our Horses Around the World series, we feature a herd of horses that roam the mountains of Montana that are the subject of great national dispute. Say hello to the Pryor Mountain Mustang.
In Better Riding:
· Harry Meade helps you polish your horse’s technique over fences
· Training without stirrups with advice from Russell Guire
· Flora Young shows you how to shave precious seconds off your cross-country time
· Clear combinations worry-free with showjumper Yazmin Pinchen
· Focus your horse with our 30-minute schooling session
· Learn how to jump skinnies with accuracy and style
In Horse Care:
· Is oil the right thing to feed your horse?
· Tongue talk – how this vital organ helps keep your horse alive
· Vet care – preventing and treating sun burn
· How to improve your bond with your horse for easier loading
· Fly repellents on test
· On trend – ear covers
· Buyer’s guide to air vests
· Riding hats testing
· Top eventer William Fox-Pitt shares his outlook on life following his head injury
· The horses giving ex-service personal the strength to start again
· Ask the experts – trailer checks, saddle fitting, managing PPID and feeding
· Lots of prizes up for grabs including a trip to the British Festival of Eventing
· And we take five with British chef Rosemary Shrager and find out her views on rider’s manners and why she loves the food tents at Badminton
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN A VIP experience at the Festival of Eventing
WIN Arena mirrors, plus installation
WIN Clothing supplements and boots
Join us and hack 1000 miles!
The sun is shining and loads of you are sharing your #hack1000miles stories with us. We’re amazed at the miles you’re clocking up.
If you’ve not joined our great campaign yet, which aims to get the nation’s riders hacking, there's loads of ways for you to get involved, including joining our exclusive Facebook group.
Find out more at www.hack1000miles.co.uk