· Have you given your horse his Spring MOT?
· Losing confidence in the collecting ring?
· Do you know how to use your weight as an aid?
April issue of Your Horse on sale now.
Don’t miss it!
This month our newsfeed was overrun with Flu reports, with outbreaks well into double figures all across the UK and Europe. Race meetings across the UK were cancelled and there were concerns that it would affect the eventing season too.
Things seems to have quietened down again now, but it just raises awareness of the importance of vaccination. Find out more about the outbreaks in our special report on page 10.
As usual this issue is jam-packed with everything you and your horse could ask for – expert instruction, must-have advice, inspiration, new gear and readers like you to find out about.
Get your copy today!
· We talk to author Jilly Cooper about why she loves horses, and where she finds inspiration.
· In Your Horse challenges you this month, we have a go at fun rides– a social and relaxed way to gain confidence.
· We interview showjumper Evie Toombes, and find out all about the challenges she faces as a para rider
In Your Horse’s Training:
· Nail the course-walk and ooze confidence in the collecting ring with advice from Ben Maher.
· Relieve tension in your horse.
· Get your canter under control – Louise Pavitt shares her 30-minute workout.
· Weight aids – Sylvia Loch shows you how to use your weight to influence your horse
· Charlie Hutton helps one rider and her young horse hone their connection and gain more marks in competition.
In Horse Care:
· It’s about time for a Spring MOT – we share key tips to ensure your horse is in tip-top shape.
· First aid essentials with Carl Hester’s groom, Alan Davies.
· Promote suppleness with physio exercises you can do at home.
· Three main triggers of laminitis and why it’s a threat to every horse.
· We get anatomical with the horse’s skeletal system.
· What’s new on the market.
· On trend – stirrups that make you a better rider.
· Buyers guide to must have Spring clothing.
· How to use a chambon to develop your horse’s topline.
· Getting the work/home/horses balance right – a head teacher and mum-of-one, with another on the way!
· It’s a family affair – we play the generation game with our #hack1000miles challengers.
· Ask the experts – we get your questions on eventing, bitting, feeding and transport answered.
· The weird and wonderful animals that could become your horse’s companion.
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN A Spring wardrobe from Cavallo.
WIN A range of Horslyx Pro Digest Balancer goodies.
WIN A pair of Flex-on stirrups.
WIN A bag of Mollichaff Hoofkind Complete.
WIN 6 bags of feed from Castle Horse Feeds.
WIN A poultice kit from Robinson Animal Healthcare.