The April issue of Your Horse magazine is on sale now. We're fast-approaching spring (providing there's no more 'Beasts from the East'!) and we've filled this issue to the brim with riding ideas and care tips to give your horse a happy and healthy transition from winter into the warmer months.
If you're gearing up for the season ahead, you're probably making appointments with your saddle fitter, farrier and dentist. In our dream team feature, we explain how the team around your horse can work together for the best results.
We also catch up with event rider Matthew Wright who reveals all in his candid interview and tells us about his battle with cancer and fierce fight to live.
In Better Riding
- Charlotte Dujardin shares her tips to improve your paces
- We explain the three steps to successfully transform your riding position
- Fancy having a go at lungeing? Try our 30-minute workout for the ultimate lungeing session
- Event rider Emilie Chandler explains the pole exercises that you can use to liven up your lazy horse
- Stuck in a rut? Our expert explains how to revamp your warm up to get a supple and more relaxed horse
- If you're fed up of getting the same dressage score, try one of our 52 ways to improve your dressage marks
In Horse Care
- Puncture wounds can be small but deadly. We explain how to spot and treat them
- Got a horse that's naughty to lead? Put a stop to unruly behaviour and teach your horse some manners
- Bringing your horse back into work after injury can be tough - we reveal how the latest technologies can help
- Richard Maxwell helps you solve your mounting issues and explains how to hop on board with ease
- We reveal the easy ways to ensure your horse stays happy, healthy and slim
In the Gear Guide
- We take a closer look at the new Collegiate ComFiTec bridle
- Looking for a new lightweight turnout rug? Check out which one came out on top in our test
- If you've been inspired by our expert workout in lungeing, but not sure what gear you'll need, we've put everything you need to know in our buyer's guide for essential lungeing kit
- Riding socks are on trend - we've picked out our favourites
- A lesson with a top rider, plus a year's worth of feed
- A pair of Dublin River boots
Don’t miss the latest issue of Your Horse Magazine, filled with the latest news, inspirational riding and horse care features plus all the exciting horsey products that recently hit the shelves.