December issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!Read More
November issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!Read More
October issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!Read More
September issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!Read More
August issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!Read More
July issue of Your Horse magazine on sale now. Don’t miss it!Read More
June issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!Read More
Find out what’s inside the May issue of Your Horse magazineRead More
The April issue of Your Horse is out now! Don’t miss your copyRead More
Inside the Spring issue of Your Horse magazineRead More
The March 2019 issue 448 of Your Horse magazine is on sale now and it’s packed with everything you need to make the most of your horse, your time in the saddle and time at the yardRead More
The February issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!
So, as Christmas and the New Year Celebrations beckon, we turn our attention to our dreams and goals for 2019 (and mince pies of course). If you’re anything like us, most of these are horse related. There’s nothing like the feeling of having a whole 12 months stretching out in front of you to do all the things you’ve been itching to do. What are your goals? What do you want to start doing that you’ve never done before? Or is there something you want to stop doing? Whatever it is, Your Horse can help. From the first to the last page, we give you the knowledge, inspiration and motivation to move on with your horsey plans. The website is pretty fabulous too. And to add to the whole festive cheer, we’ve got a great gift for you this issue - our free guide to winter kit – everything you need to know to survive the cold season, all in one place.
We take a look back at 2018 and re-live all the epic things that happened in the equine world.
We talk to household favourite Clare Balding about her life with horses and what’s it’s like in the limelight.
In our Your Horse challenge this month, you can seriously test your flexibility and balance with a spot of vaulting.
In our interview with show jumper and all-round funny man Geoff Billington, we find out how it was pretty girls that got him into horses, his sadness around losing It’s Otto and why he’s turned falling off bar stools without spilling his drink into an art form.
And as always, we have a great prizes for you to win.
In Better Riding:
· Eventer Barry Meningen shows us how 30-minutes is plenty of time for an effective winter jumping session
· We have eventing legend Mark Todd working on balance and suppleness
· Dressage judge and trainer Alex Gingell tackles riding two half 10m circles perfectly
· Ben Atkinson, aka the all-action rider, shares one groundwork exercise for spook-proofing your horse
· Supple up for better paces with leading dressage judge Stephen Clarke
In Horse Care:
· Learn all about your horse’s back with Gill Higgins
· Do horses feel the cold? We find out
· Five equine vets share their funny stories
· Behind the scenes with the West Sussex Fire Brigade Technical Rescue Unit
· Vet Colin Mitchell talks about the liver and kidneys and how to keep them healthy
· Winter worms – keep your horse safe from nasty effects of worms
· Check out the fleece rug with a difference
· The big test – country boots
· What’s new on the market
· On trend – hats and headbands
· Buyers guide to bedding
· Gear advice – winter mirrors
· Getting the work/home/horses balance just right – a London based chef tells us how it’s done
· Your horse challenges you to try vaulting
· Ask the experts – ex-racehorses, jump training, avoiding winter vet bills and winter nutrition
· Review of 2018
· Lots of prizes up for grabs including boots, feed and bridles
· And we take five with presenter Clare Balding
Finally, don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN Bags of Spillers Senior Super-Mash worth £12.49 each
WIN Boots and socks,
WIN A Mark Todd bridle and breastplate,
WIN Winter-proof packs from Global Herbs and
WIN A weather-beating outfit from Noble Outfitters
Find out what’s inside the latest issue of Your Horse magazine — on sale now!Read More
Our December issue is packed full of expert advice, inspiration and celebrity riders and trainers. Buy yours today.Read More
November issue of Your Horse on sale now. Don’t miss it!
As we look out of the window of Your Horse Towers, we can’t deny it, there’s a miserable day staring right back at us. It’s autumn – there we said it. But no need to feel glum. We’ve had a glorious summer with our horses, and even though winter can be a pain, there’s lots you can do to make it a more pleasurable few months. And that includes reading Your Horse magazine of course. We make it our mission to bring you fun, advice, inspiration and the best horsey gear every month, and the November issue is no different. Here’s what you can look forward to this month. Grab that cup of tea and dive in.
Your Horse Live 2018 is now just around the corner (well that’s how it feels!) Find out what’s in store for visitors with our YHL preview – lots to tempt you here.
Our Hack 1000 miles campaign is constantly growing in numbers and many of our challengers are nearing the 1000-mile mark as we head towards the end of 2018. This month, the Your Horse team headed off to the Burghley Sponsored Ride on the Sunday of Burghley Horse Trials. We chatted to many of the lovely folk signed up to our challenge who were taking part.
We talk to Dragon’s Den Deborah Meaden about all things horses.
In our Your Horse Challenges this month, we delve into the world of team chasing. It gives you the ultimate adrenalin rush and even if you decide not to give it a go, it’s a fantastic sport to be a spectator at. Choose your team and roar them on.
In our interview with stunt rider Ben Atkinson, we find out how horses are in his blood, the one thing that makes him nervous, and why he was always falling off as a youngster.
In Better Riding:
· How to help your cob become light and supple with showing star Katie Jerram
· Riding serpentines for co-ordination and suppleness with BD judge Alex Gingell
· Showjumping coach Mia Palles-Clark has three exercises to encourage forwardness
· Eventing legend Lucinda Green tell us how to end the eventing season positively
In Horse Care:
· We explore the concept of cafeteria feeding
· Autumn brings with it a number of dangers for our horses. Find out what they are and how to avoid them.
· All about the digestive system, including how to prevent problems arising
· Colour coded – why is your horse the colour he is?
· Brushing boots on test – who were the winners?
· On trend – bridles
· Exclusive – a new gadget that gives you feedback about your contact
· All action stunt rider Ben Atkinson gives us an insight into his interesting life, including working on Poldark – lucky man
· Getting the work/home/horses balance just right – one reader tells us how she does it
· Your horse challenges you to try team chasing
· Ask the experts – buying horses, foot care, dressage and bedding
· Learn all about the logger horse
· Lots of prizes up for grabs including tickets to Your Horse Live
· And we take five with dragon Deborah Meaden about her 14 horses, which celebrity horse she’d like to own and whether she prefers heels or flats
And don’t forget our fabulous competitions:
WIN Tickets to Your Horse Live
WIN A riding outfit from Noble Outfitters,
WIN Mobility sets from Horslyx
WIN A bundle of leather bags and
WIN Botanica winter skin care packs
There’s lots to love in the new issue of Your Horse mag!Read More
The latest issue is full of great advice, inspiration, top riders and readers like you. Buy your copy today.Read More
On sale now - the August issue of Your Horse magazine has hit the shelves!Read More
The July issue is on sale 31 May and is packed full of great advice, training techniques and celebrity riders with a big dose of inspiration too.Read More
The June issue of Your Horse Magazine is on sale now.Read More