Does your saddle impact your riding position? We asked Di Fisher an SMS qualified saddle fitter and together with her husband, Mark, owner of Woolcroft Saddlery to tell us.
Q How do I know when my saddle requires checking?
A: There are a number of reasons that could suggest you need to get your saddle checked, some of these may include:
· If you’re struggling to maintain your position when riding
· If you feel your horse may be restricted in any way
· If the saddle no longer feels correctly balanced
· If you feel the saddle is moving around too much
· If the panel of your saddle has become uneven, hard or lumpy
Call your Qualified Saddle Fitter (QSF) out to investigate whether you need any adjustments made to your saddle.
A correctly fitted saddle will not only improve your comfort while riding but also that of your horses.