Great riding brought Sabrina Arnold (GER) and Tsagan Nour to the top of the all-female podium at the FEI World Endurance Championship for Young Horses (7 years) in Nègrepelisse, France.
With riders from 14 nations, Sabrina Arnold and Tsagan Nour galloped over the finish line after completing the 120km in 05:59:04 followed by Spain’s second-placed rider Emma Rosell Segura riding Danco completing it in 06:05:58. Third over the line and also from Spain Laia Soria Pinol on Nervi Del Rieral finished the four loops just two seconds later.
After starting the second loop in tenth position after a two-minute recovery in the first hold, Sabrina Arnold was told that her horse was doing well. Continuing with good recoveries, the duo moved up the positioning on each loop and took the lead on the final loop to emerge victorious.
“On the first loop we were too fast and I slowed down and rode with two other riders. My horse was immediately good in the vetting and I rode with our second rider on the next track through the third loop. On the fourth, the rider from Qatar rode with me for a while. On the last loop, the trail was very challenging. I had some information from other friends on the trail that we were many minutes in the lead, so I slowed him down and let him breathe,” said Sabrina Arnold about her riding tactics.
Final results - FEI World Endurance Championships for Young Horses 2016
1. Sabrina Arnold (GER), Tsagan Nour - (completion time) 05:50:04
2. Emma Rosell Segura (ESP), Danco - 06:06:58
3. Laia Soria Pinol (ESP), Nervi Del Rieral- 06:07:00
4. Ana Barbas (POR), E Da Fuica -06:13:04
5. Mohammed Khalifa Al Sowaidi (QAT), Dufawan - 0606:13:05
6. Paul Bard (FR), Volny Du Leff 06:13:24
7. Amandine Lorenzi (FRA), Velvette El Mazel - 06:13:31
8. Laetitia Goncalves (FRA), Sadi Lotois - 06:15:59
9. Emilie Brard (FRA), Natfet - 06:17:00
10. Emmanuelle Gaudino (FRA), Cayrel Bashkhaar - 06:18:17
Best Condition: Paul Bard (FRA) with Volny Du Leff