Experience hunting like never before
By Imogen Johnson
09 August 2012 11:00
In the August issue of Your Horse we’re offering one lucky Your Horse reader the opportunity to go on a ‘1-day Hunt Training Clinic’ in Withcote, Leicestershire with the Cottesmore Hunt.
The clinics will run with Richard Walker who has competed nationally in point-to-points, and ridden in the famous Melton Hunt Ride, Harborough Ride and Golden Button Challenge. Richard hunts regularly and specialises in educating young horses.
This introductory course will include basic hunting etiquette, dress, horse turnout and hunting procedure, along with riding to hounds: crossing the country safely and a range of survival tips. The day will start at 10am with jumping in the arena, followed by lunch, and then jumping out in the open in the afternoon. Estimated finish – 3.30 - 4pm.
To be in with a chance of winning a place on one of the four clinics (see optional dates below) simply email firstname.lastname@example.org (by 29 Aug 2012) stating ‘Cottesmore’ in the subject box saying in no more than 50 words why you’d like to win stating which date you can do – see below for full terms and conditions.
Optional clinic dates:
• Sunday 23 September 2012
• Sunday 7 October 2012
Terms & Conditions
1. Winners must organise their own transport to the clinic
2. The organisers accept no liability, those taking part in the hunting experience do so at their own risk.
3. Horses and riders should be fit enough to take part in the experience and although every effort will be made to group to a similar standard, those wishing to take part should be aware that this is a high energy sport and plan accordingly.
4. It is HIGHLY recommended that participants have at least 3rd party and personal insurance. This is usually offered by membership to the Countryside Alliance, BHS or Pony Club.
5. The organisers reserve the right to decline a booking if they consider the applicant or horse to be unsuitable, unfit or a danger to them selves or others.