While putting together this month’s issue the Your Horse team has had a ball talking miniature horses, showing, cross-country and equine massage and that’s just for starters. The magazine is packed with top tips and advice to help you become a better rider, essential care information and great features such as cracking celebrity interview with para dressage star Natasha Baker.
- In month two of the 2012 Training Academy Spencer Wilton shows you how to work on your stop and go signals plus how to control your horses shoulders using one straightforward exercise. Then, for all you jumpers out there Jay Halim covers how to teach simple changes, conquering grid work and controlling your horse’s stride.
- Shine in the show ring - read expert advice from Heather Phillips and Nigel Oliver for their tips the best way to prepare so you and your horse shine on competition day
- This month our Private Lessons are with dressage rider Henry Boswell – he helps two readers work on their riding problems
- Understand bend and flexion - let dressage rider Daniel Timson show you how to get it right
- We make cross-country simple as trainer Barrett Watson guides you around a course – every fence explained!
- Real life – When Sarah Nettesham’s horse was stolen the outlook was bleak, but sheer determination and the use of social media produced extraordinary results
- Miniature horses look like a bundle of fun and they can be, but they require the same amount of care as a normal sized horse – we tell you how to ensure top notch care of your miniature horse
- If your horse is overly attached to his buddy, getting out and about can be hard – read how to tackle separation anxiety with our expert advice from equine behaviourist Emma Massingale
- Discover simple, easy-to-learn massage techniques that can benefit your horse and improve your bond with him
- All about the muzzle - we delve deep into the inner workings of one of your horse’s most important features
- In gear we showcase a selection of gorgeous summer tops in our Buyers’ Guide and we reveal the results of our leather care products test
- In Bargain to Blowout you can find products to help you stay cool this summer -whatever your budge
- Big Test – tack cleaning
- Byers’ guide summer shirts